At the moment the procedure for the application of the Tourist License is governed by the Balearic Law 8/2012. The following is essential:
1) DRIAT and Annex 6
2) Prove personality and titleholdership
3) Payment of fees:
a. 315.-€ up to 9 places
b. 35.-€ if there are more (max:12)
4) Complementary Servicees (periodic cleaning of the house, pick up at the airport…)
5) Valid occupancy certificate
6) Civil liabilty insurance (300.000.-€)
The types allowed are, always with a maximum of 6 bedrooms, 1 bathroom for every 3 places and for periods <2 months one - family dwellings, detached and semi-detached houses. Chronologically there have been the following legislative development:
On December 9, 2016, the BOCAIB published the draft of the Law to amend the Tourist Law 8/2012. On April 7, 2017, the draft of the Law was adopted by the Government. It was sent to the Parliament with request for urgent processing. Everything seems to indicate that the entry into force of the Law will take place in this month of July (is expected for 18th). But it would be applicable from February 2018.
The main novelties of such legislation would be:
• Commercialization in multi-family buildings (minimum age of 5 years, individual meters …)
• Real roof of tourist places
• Impossible if there is an urban sanction or if it is officially protected
• Limitations on protected rustic land
• The maximum number of places to be marketed will be that determined in the occupancy certificate
• 1 bathroom for every 4 places
• Mandatory electric efficiency certificate and minimum qualifications
• Increase of the minimum penalty, from 20,001 to 40,000 €
• Responsibility of the owners of the medium through which the advertising was carried out and of the person responsible for having inserted it
However, the tourist housing records that are already being processed will continue to be governed by the regulations in force at the time of submission of the application. As you can guess, there are important changes in the tourist model up to the moment in the Balearic Islands. We will continue informing you.
Thank you for providing the article to Illeslex – ASESORES JURÍDICOS – TRIBUTARIOS – LABORALES – CONSULTORES. ILLESLEX ABOGADOS is a multidisciplinary firm with more than 20 years of professional experience accumulated by the founding members, Javier Blas and Guillermo Dezcallar.