Advanced Search
Your search results

International schools in Mallorca

Posted by Sandra on 16.11.2016

Because of its numerous international schools, Mallorca is one of Spain’s top destinations to welcome new foreign residents. Two new international schools have recently opened in the north of Mallorca. Until now, the north of Mallorca was known for its lack of international schools and the people living there, had to use public schools or had to travel to Palma every day. This year, Rafa Nadal Academy opened in Manacor, followed by the Mallorca International School in Crestatx (Sa Pobla), opened in June 2016. Rafa Nadal Academy was opened by the famous tennis player Rafa Nadal in his hometown of Manacor. The academy opened in May 2016 and has weekly and monthly programs and a summer camp. In the academic year the academy will combine tennis and an American education curriculum system. As the “Rafa Nadal Academy” website specifies, the school facilities include an exclusive living complex for students, 26 tennis courts with different surfaces (outdoor and indoor), fitness gym, 2 pools (indoor and outdoor), football field, sports court for different sports, 10 paddle courts, restaurant, café, a shop, a clinic specialized in sports medicine, physiotherapy and nutrition, green areas and gardens.

The Mallorca International School, located in Crestatx (Sa Pobla), is based on the educational experience of the British national curriculum. 80 % of the curriculum will be taught exclusively in English by native well qualified British teachers, and the remaining 20 % of the curriculum is divided between Spanish and Catalan languages with Spanish teachers. The education obtained in this school will be recognized by both Spanish and British authorities and offers a great advantage: after graduating at 18 years of age, students will have the opportunity to continue their studies in the best universities in the world.
Another school, which we really can recommend is the new Green Valley School Son Puig, located in La Vileta, close to Son Vida, which will open in summer 2017. The premises consists of a beautiful old mansion in Finca-style which is under construction right now. Because of our own fantastic experiences with the owners of Green Valley School and their other school “Happy Faces” in Palma, we can highly recommend the philosophy and the way of their teaching methods. For more information about Green Valley School click here.


Compare Listings

we listen
Contact us
1 Step 1
Request further information
Regelmäßig informiert
reCaptcha v3