“Fine Fusion” by Emilio in the heart of Palma
This popular restaurant “Emilio Innobar” is located in a quiet narrow lane in the heart of Palma de Mallorca, just a few minutes’ walk from the prestigious shopping streets of Borne and Jaume III. Located in a sympathetically restored old building, with huge picture windows, interesting art on the walls, and an attractive contemporary decor, it’s the home of owner and chef Emilio Castrejón’s exciting freshly prepared and flavourful food that successfully blends Mexican, Asian, and European culinary aspects into what he calls ‘Fine Fusion’. Emilio has journeyed around the world and been influenced by his travels. He has worked in the USA, Germany and for 12 years in Japan, where he learned to slice fish for sashimi and tataki like a native. Before opening his own restaurant, he was a chef and co-owner of the highly popular restaurant Bar & Co in Portixol. Together with some of the very first people he employed, and a number of very young and talented chefs, he opened Emilio Innobar. Here, in the well-lit modern open kitchen, you can watch the chefs prepare the day’s exquisite dishes – which are inspired by the fresh produce sourced each day at the market. There’s no printed menu here. A member of the serving staff brings a board to the table on which the day’s dishes are listed. Don’t miss the Tataki of Dorada and the Ceviches, or just ask Emilio to prepare a selection of his choice – you won’t be disappointed.
Since we are very often with friends and customers at Emilio, we can only give you the following tips before you visit this extraordinary restaurant:
- Be sure to reserve in advance
- The noise level is sometimes very high due to the non-insulated, high rooms. The restaurant is not recommended with a larger group
- Emilio shares everything. You order different dishes and place them in the middle
- Very nice is the table near the kitchen where you can follow the happenings well
- As a highlight, you must not forget about Emilios “Special” - the Desert “Salzburger Nockerl” - a poem!
Image: The boss Emilio with our CEO - Andreas Dinges!